Monday, October 8, 2007

Updates and More.

I don't even know where to start on this post. So much to say. So many feelings.

By the looks of it we will not be out of debt on November 30th based on what WE can do.

We have hit a few road blocks again but that's just life.

It doesn't affect me like it use to.

It's just life. Things happen. Go on.

We had to pay two debts we forgot about. A loan from CMA due to pay schedule changes from a while back and a recurring balance on his business-only credit card. We don't know why there was a recurring balance b/c he expenses everything he should and all expense checks go directly toward that card. Who knows? Bottom line is we want to be 100% out of debt so those things had to be paid.

Despite our setbacks we praise God that for 1 year and 4 months we have been able to pay for everything that came our way out of our wee little starter emergency fund. We haven't used a credit card since May '06 except for business expenses which get paid back to us.

This includes car mishaps, Dr. visits, medicine, this, that, life, A CAR....etc.

Praise God for that.

On top of all the life stuff that came up we STILL have thus far paid off about 25k in debt.

This is really big considering we have ONE income and TWO children.

God obviously is showing himself to us through this process.

We have always tithed. Fortunately I was raised by parents who taught me this important principal so it comes easily for me.

Levi is right there with me on this one. We know that if we had not been tithing all this time that we would NOT have made such amazing progress.

I've been praying for God to open doors for us so that we can meet the goal that I know he set for us.

Funny enough, a contest came up at CMA where the winner could potentially win $1,000! This would obviously help us out. And the best part of it is, if Levi wins, he will be physically fit and in better shape than he's been since we got married. Heck, even if he doesn't win he will STILL be in better shape than he's been since we got married and that will be a big burden lifted off of him...literally!

Will he win? I don't know. There are lots of people that could use the money, not just us, and lots of people that are working very hard to win. My point is that God can open doors but they might not have an "easy button" behind them.

Another door opened would be a babysitting job for me. We decided that Mia really needed to go to pre-school and I considered getting a part-time job to pay for her enrollment but God didn't want me to have a job. He did however provide me with two weeks this summer of babysitting that paid for 1 month of tuition and 3 weeks of babysitting this month to pay for another month and a half of tuition.

God will take care of us. God will take care of you. His plan is bigger and better. Just sit back and obey.

There have been times where we got so off track I dreaded getting back on. It's so easy to quit when you get "off track" with anything. Working out, getting out of debt, eating right....it's the same concept. Getting off track is one of the biggest saboteurs of all of these things. I have not had that problem. Even if we get WAY off track I tell myself just to get back on and it will all get better. And it does. What's funny is everyone's definition for "off-track" is different. For me, it's like two days of not doing what I should be whatever that may be. For Levi I'd say it's more like two weeks b/c he's just more easy going than me. Either way, I don't listen to myself anymore. I just start again. Start over. Start over again.

That's just how we've done it. We haven't given up no matter what our mind, emotions, hearts, or people tell us. We keep going. Trudging forward even when there may not be light at the end of the tunnel.

Who knows, there may be no light at the end of the tunnel b/c that's where God put my house that I want SO BADLY.

1 comments:

Anjolee said...

You and Levi rock! You will get there. It will mean freedom for you and inspiration to others you have shared your story with along the way and in the future. We will be praying.
Even if it isn't Nov. 30th it will be soon! You are right...God can do ANYTHING!
Who knows what lives you are touching by sharing this. You have definitely inspired me to keep going when the goings tough.