Friday, September 28, 2007

This is how we do it. Phase 1.


Do you know what makes me feel really good?

Balancing my checkbook, paying my bills, and getting cash out of the bank.

These things bring me peace.

I am not trying to be funny although most of the time that's all I'm trying to be (Levi would emphasize TRYING).

I am here to tell you that having your finances in order is just bliss.

It matters not how much money you have or make.

Just manage what you've been given and you will feel like you've been to the spa.

If you are not the money person in your home then you may not relate to this but I most certainly do.

I "do the books" as they say and so this is just something that I really relate too.

Having your finances all crazy can just get you so down.

It is such a burden on me when I have not balanced my checkbook, made sure my bills are all paid and forget to get our cash out of the bank (we use envelopes so this is VERY important for our budget).

I also like to make sure my wallet and purse are neat and tidy. You will manage your money better with a neat a tidy wallet. I would almost bet that if your purse is a mess and your wallet is sneezing receipts then you and your finances are not in harmony.

I use the Dave Ramsey wallet b/c it has envelopes and that is what I need. We are going for function not fashion but I will say that the weird tan colored part of the front of the wallet is just paper....it looks like that's just how the front of the wallet is but when it came in I was so glad that it was just part of the packaging.

Anyway.....

Some things you can do to immediately relieve yourself from some stress and tension are:

balance your checkbook
clean out your purse and wallet
make sure all your bills are paid and set them up on automatic withdrawal if you can
pick one thing to get cash out for next month and see how it works for you

I am telling you this is important for your health and your marriage. Get organized. Now.

0 comments: