Friday, September 7, 2007

I have a Confession.


Levi doesn't know this.

He may not ever know it b/c he doesn't check this blog.

It's about our 88 Buick.

I confessed it to a new friend, Erin, the other day.

I drove it to 24 hour fitness about 3 months ago b/c I had an appointment to purchase a membership there.

I did all the paperwork and chit chatted with the salesperson who tried to sell me $80 per hour personal training sessions....no thank you.

This is so sad.

I was walking out with my girls in tow.

I am a few feet from my car when I notice.....

the same salesperson was leaving for his lunch break at the same time.

I do not know what in the world possessed me to do this.

I snatched up Jules and began walking (dragging Mia) to Hobby Lobby.

I waited in the lobby until he was gone.

Then I RAN to the car and practically drove off with Mia half buckled.

Again, I do not know what got into me.

I am no longer embarrassed of our hoopty (I had to look up how to spell that in the Urban Online Dictionary......funny).

It is so comfortable.

It is so big and the air conditioner gets so cold it's like being in a car-hotel.

We paid a whopping $800 for it.

It only had 75,000 miles on it.

And here is the best part.

It came with an ice scrapper that has a fleece lined hand muff attached to it and some clip on sunglasses.

And as you've probably guessed it did belong to a grandma...Levi's grandma to be exact.

The only trips it ever made was to WalMart, the hair salon, and the Dr.'s office.

We LOVE our new car.

I really don't want to get rid of it even we have the resources to replace it.

I think we will save it for Mia.

By the time she's 16 she will hate me anyway so this will be totally appropriate.

0 comments: