Monday, September 3, 2007

I had a talk with my face.


I had a talk with my face the other day.

I had some bad news.

I was just about out of my "Arbonne Intelligence--not so basic--Daily Moisturizing Cream, Day & Night."

I would not be able to buy any more for a while.

I told this to my face and it was not happy.

It remembers the days of Suave.

I asked it to please not break out on me when I use that STUFF on my face in a couple of days.

I also requested that it not be bitter and begin to wrinkle because of this traumatic change in product.

My face and I do believe that the expensive products are better.

I don't care what the "study's show"......$4.99 moisturizer falls under the category of $4.99 breast implants.

It's just a red flag.

That's all I'm saying.

My hand began to shake as I picked up a pen to write "moisturizer" on my WAL-MART shopping list.

Wal-Mart.

Moisturizer.

I think I'm going to faint.

Here's where the story turns good.

I went to Lexi's house last night for some hot-dogs and some fun.

Who would have thought she would be the one to save my face from the destiny that was before it.

I made mention of my sad soon to be chaffed face situation and guess what she said.

"Wait, what kind of moisturizer do you use? Arbonne Intelligence?"

I say yes and sort of stare with my mouth open wide waiting in anticipation at what might come next.

Is it possible that she has some and is going to GIVE it to me?

"I think I have some of that and I don't like it so you can have it if you want."

My face did a flip.

She SO busted out a bottle of the "Arbonne Intelligence Daily Moisturizing Cream, Day & Night" and put it in my hand.

Lexi, you literally saved my face. I owe you.

Now to be perfectly serious. I do not think on this as luck or a coincidence. God shows us daily that HE is taking care of us. He obviously has a sense of humor in providing me with this moisturizer but isn't it neat to see God care about us as individuals. The following scriptures are what popped into my head when this happened......God is good.

Do Not Worry: Matthew 6
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[b]?

28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

0 comments: